Friday, April 6, 2012

The Power of the Right Medication


I visited my doctor yesterday and told him about the problems I have been having with fatigue and depression. He spent about 20 minutes talking to me and we decided on a course of action that included a new medication. He said if I am not feeling better in a couple of days to let him know but to come back in 2 weeks otherwise.

I had a very “bad” day yesterday in that I seemed to have reached a new low in my depression. I dropped off my prescription at the pharmacy on the way home from work and picked it up a couple of hours later. I took my first dose immediately and will start taking it at bedtime starting today. I didn’t sleep well but when I woke up this morning I felt like I could breathe again.

It was as if this sadness weighed down so heavily on me that I could only take shallow breaths for the past year and now I can finally take slow, deep breaths again. I don’t know if I will continue to have issues but I am so happy right now to just not be sad. Thank you Chris, so much, for taking the time to get me on the right medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment