Sunday, December 30, 2012

Back on Track

Well the holidays are nearly over and a young lady's fancy turns toward New Year's resolutions. I gained a whopping 2.6 lbs over the holidays. Okay, that's not a lot but I spent the last 10 weeks or so losing 16 lbs so gaining feels like going backwards.

So, even though I made the most awesome Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Icing just yesterday, I am getting back on track tomorrow. No, not today because it is after 8 pm right now. I brought the brownies with me to church and shared them with my fellow worshipers. I received wonderful accolades (no, not acolytes) and no longer have all those calories in my house. I also, brought my mother-in-laws rum balls (I didn't know what they were, just that we weren't eating them and figured I would share the wealth), which went over like booze infused hotcakes.

I don't tend to make New Year's resolutions because like most people I just break them and it makes me feel bad, generally before February. Although I do think about what I want to change each year. Reflection is one of the first steps to change. What I have done for the last few years is a Word of the Year project. I am still trying to decide between two words (to be revealed at a later date). Previous words of the year have included: Joy, Relationships, and Humble Servant.

What I know I want to do is lose weight. I joined Weight Watchers in October. My mantra since then has been "Eat Less, Move More, No Excuses". I was doing well too, until December hit. Then, I stopped exercising, stopped logging my food, and stopped losing weight. That is officially over.

Starting tomorrow, I will write down (online) everything I eat. "If you bite it, write it." I will figure out a way to exercise each day, and I will reach my goal of 4 activity points per day. If you are not familiar with the Weight Watchers Points Plus program, I highly recommend getting yourself to a Weight Watchers meeting. It makes a lot of sense. Unless of course you don't struggle with your weight in which case Yay You!

Incentive Jars
Starting tomorrow I am going to get 2 jars and 101 pennies (or marbles if I can find them) and put my 13 pennies in my lost jar and the rest in my left to go jar. Then for each pound I lose, another penny is moved. I have been posting a picture of myself on my Facebook page each week on weigh in day so that I can have a visual representation of my weight loss journey.

Here I am last week
So, wish me luck or join me on my journey. 2013 will see a thinner me!




No comments:

Post a Comment